CTTC offers a training environment defined as experimental in R&D activities in telecommunications and highly reputed both in science and technology. This environment aims at reducing the existing gap between graduate training and industry, in order to pave the way to a productive setting where R&D is the main activity. This is approached both at graduate and undergraduate levels. Moreover, visitors are welcome for short to mid term pre- and post-doc stays.
Currently CTTC enrols 5 post-doc researchers, mainly funded on a project basis. During 2013 a new post-doc research joined the program.
Currently CTTC’s pre-doctoral program consists of 19 PhD students. During 2013, one PhD student joined the program.
CTTC also offers a challenging training environment for undergraduate students, who can carry on their Master and Bachelor Thesis by participating in R&D activities, under the supervision of researchers and engineers.
The following Master and Bachelor Thesis have been supervised at CTTC and defended during 2013.
- S. Rima, UHF RFID tag implementation on cork substrate for wine bottle monitoring , Supervisor: A. Georgiadis, Advisor: J. Mateu, December 2013.
- A. M. Mandalari, Design and Performance Evaluation of Energy-Efficient Medium Access Control Protocols with Energy Harvesting , Supervisors: J. Alonso-Zárate and Francisco Vazquez-Gallego (CTTC), Advisor: Luis Alonso (UPC), September 2013.
- A. Sitjà, A. García, M. Fernanda, AnewCo:The company that connects research and eICT market , September 2013, Supervisor: José Ramón Seoane Trigo (CCiT UB), September 2013.
- O. Briante, Design and Analysis of Energy-Efficient Medium Access Control Protocols with Energy Harvesting , Supervisor: J. Alonso-Zárate (CTTC), Advisor: Luis Alonso (UPC), August 2013.
- A. Vasiliadis, Device-to-Device Communications for Machine-to-Machine Communications: Interference Management , Supervisors: K. Wang and J. Alonso-Zárate (CTTC), Advisor: Luis Alonso (UPC), August 2013.
- Ll.Parcerisa, Design and implementation of a 3G to VoIP architecture based on femtocells , Supervisor: N. Baldo (CTTC), M. Mendoza (UOC), July 2013.
- L. Esteve, Contribución al diseño de GNSS-SDR. Un Receptor GNSS de código abierto , Supervisor: C. Fernández (CTTC), July 2013.
- P. Tuset, Implementation of DQ on wireless motes , Supervisor: J. Alonso-Zárate (CTTC), Advisor: Luis Alonso (UPC), May 2013.
- A. Cresswell, Reconfigurable OFDM Tx/Rx for multi-purpose physical layers over fast Heterogeneous Systems , Supervisors: J. Bas, C. Gavrincea (CTTC), May 2013.
- M. Figueroa Naharro, A. Torné Sanjosé, Analysis of Assisted GPS in LTE-Advanced networks and its applications to traditional and VTL based software receivers , Supervisor: C. Fernández (CTTC), May 2013.
- D. Sliakas, Implementing Energy Efficient Medium Access Control Protocols in Wireless Motes through COOJA: The Contiki Simulator , Supervisors: J. Alonso-Zárate and Francisco Vazquez-Gallego (CTTC), Advisor: Luis Alonso (UPC), May 2013.
- G.Cocco, Application of Network Coding in Satellite Broadcast and Multiple Access Channels , Supervisor: C. Ibars (CTTC), February 2013.
- C. Soava, Design and implementation of a low-power wake-up radio for wireless sensor networks , Supervisors: P. Miškovský and F. Vázquez (CTTC), Advisor: Prof. J. Mateu (UPC), January 2013.